Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Lyme Journal

Well...here it goes! Not only did I join Twitter tonight I have also created my very first blog!! All in the hopes of bringing awareness to the insidious and debilitating disease Lyme! I hope by posting my blogs I can help others and one day be a part of convincing the CDC, Health Insurance Companies and the medical profession that we are dealing with an epidemic and the guidelines for treating this crippling disease MUST be changed! Education is a must and for those of us who suffer on a daily basis...how dare we be told Chronic Lyme does not exist! Please follow me on Twitter @kathywithlyme and on Facebook...Kathy Gleason-Krometis.

This is just the beginning and I WILL not give up until changes are made!

1 comment:

  1. Please add, "a disease that most doctors will not even treat, let alone acknowledge." At least in my experience. My doc just stopped treating with antibiotics due to pressure to lose his license (please do not name names here, it could really hurt him.) What is crippling is the anger and disregard with which Lyme sufferers are treated. As if being this sick, this chronically, is not enough to take.

    ReplyDelete